[OCTOBER 9-15] 2016 CHRONICLES
of Niki Shmikis
- Mistake creates more meaning than the direct hit
- Obstacle is the way
- Admitted to myself that I was not BOLD and BRAVE enough past few weeks
Feeding the Muse
- Began reading [Lectures on Ancient Philosophy] by Merab Mamardashvili, which blowed my mind. I was able to understand a bit more thanks to recently read article by Martin Heidegger [What Is Called Thinking?], which I almost did not understand.
- Enjoyed reading essay by Nietzsche [Schopenhauer as Educator], after discovering about it through Brainpickings.
- Started reading [Hamlet] for the first time in my life
- Two essays by Guy Davenport: [Wittgenstein] and [Nabokov on Don Quixote].
I have no idea where this thread of curiosity leads me, I'm just following my heart.
While working on the next announced triptych with working title [super powers] I published a row with photos from 2 years ago, when I was in Barcelona. This publication happened only because of Timehop app. Love it!
How cool is that all three photos were shot on the same day on #20141010?
[WORK - RELAX - DON'T THINK]
At that time I was working in MediaVest Moscow as the media planner on MARS account of Chocolate category, taking care of Snickers, Twix, Mars and Bounty brands. And I loved it! This was interest time of rapid learning and exciting experience.
In two weeks I was going to Barcelona for the first time.
There is also a movie by Tom Stoppard as well, which I'm going to see after reading both books.
While I'm on sabbatical, I'm working on a way to support myself doing something I care about. I get invaluable help from the Fizzle library and connected community.
On this live coaching session with Chase, I formulated the special thing I'm learning to do on an unconventional path of the creative individual: the art of turning resistance into play >> zivotjehra