Let me tell you about the tool that is designed to help you become better at self-management, use time wisely and gather data about yourself.
TRY THE LOGBOOK if you want...
- ...to build a daily/weekly planning routine and struggle with overplanning, overthinking and other -ings.
- ...to keep track of how you spend your time. Maybe, you don't want to find yourself in situation when you're wondering [how did I spend my time today? Often we waste our time light-mindedly]
- ...to constantly improve yourself. If you are data-driven person like me, you want to collect data about your habits, self-care routine, etc.
- ...to keep work-life balance while working from home. Even if you're traveling frequently and prefer digital-based approach to self-management you'll find a few of interesting tactics.
Right after the NY 15 holidays, at the very beginning of the sabbatical I took to break with soul-sucking life setting, I’ve been scratching my own itch ever since. How do I manage all the time that I have? Previously most of my time was used by the agency. Most years of my advertising career I had time to eat, sleep and watch TV shows at home. I discovered two articles when I started solving my problem by googling [weekly planning]:
- [How I Plan My Week (My 5-Step Process + free workbook download)] by Scott Dinsmore
- [Week Hacking – How to Plan your Week for Maximum Impact] by Howard Kingston
The first one is the foundation of what I'm about to share below. Simply put, it’s a planner. I’m calling it the LOGBOOK because it’s much more than a planner.
8 UNIQUE benefits of the Paper Logbook
1. designed for self-employed avid learners and ambitious control-freaks
2. daily & weekly planning tied to the time-estimation approach
3. simplified daily plan based on the Eisenhower's matrix
4. structured space for notes, tasks, and ideas
5. time categories with color coding approach
6. convenient dashboard that lets you track in one place everything you want to track on a daily basis
7. helps you keep an eye on personal agenda and maintain work-life balance
8. it’s in excel, you can adjust it to your personal needs
My current logbook
You can customize the logbook to make it unique, specifically addressing your needs and regime (eg. habits, waking hours, time categories, etc.)
Get excel template here.
Shortly about the LOGBOOK creation:
This articles summarises my living knowledge on practical self-management that I acquired over eight years in the media agency planning and launching advertising campaigns for top global FMCG corporations.
to be continued...