The first post in the series about the Rounds Calendar, an alternative approach to living by months, quarters and years for original long-range thinkers who don’t want to give up too early or kill themselves in the process of bringing their audacious vision to fruition.Read More
Rationale behind the Logbook Method.Read More
The case-study.Read More
How to celebrate your life 13 times a year and make more epic life memories.Read More
The Why and What.Read More
Draft article with LOGBOOK's operating instructions.Read More
Chronicles of Niki's logbook changes.Read More
The LOGBOOK is designed for those who want to live life like it's a masterpiece.
- It's not about work-life balance, but about your life being a piece of art
- It's not about productivity, but about becoming prolific lifetime creative
- It's designed to get to know yourself better via data tracking and diligent reviews
Difference from the most planners
- you customize the template and print it by yourself
- on A4 default size fits the daily/weekly planning space, dashboard, time-tracker and brain dump space
- daily/weekly planning based on the principle of time-estimation
Let me tell you about the tool that is designed to help you become better at self-management, use time wisely and gather data about yourself.
TRY THE LOGBOOK if you want...
- ...to build a daily/weekly planning routine and struggle with overplanning, overthinking and other -ings.
- ...to keep track of how you spend your time. Maybe, you don't want to find yourself in situation when you're wondering [how did I spend my time today? Often we waste our time light-mindedly]
- ...to constantly improve yourself. If you are data-driven person like me, you want to collect data about your habits, self-care routine, etc.
- ...to keep work-life balance while working from home. Even if you're traveling frequently and prefer digital-based approach to self-management you'll find a few of interesting tactics.
Right after the NY 15 holidays, at the very beginning of the sabbatical I took to break with soul-sucking life setting, I’ve been scratching my own itch ever since. How do I manage all the time that I have? Previously most of my time was used by the agency. Most years of my advertising career I had time to eat, sleep and watch TV shows at home. I discovered two articles when I started solving my problem by googling [weekly planning]:
- [How I Plan My Week (My 5-Step Process + free workbook download)] by Scott Dinsmore
- [Week Hacking – How to Plan your Week for Maximum Impact] by Howard Kingston
The first one is the foundation of what I'm about to share below. Simply put, it’s a planner. I’m calling it the LOGBOOK because it’s much more than a planner.
8 UNIQUE benefits of the Paper Logbook
1. designed for self-employed avid learners and ambitious control-freaks
2. daily & weekly planning tied to the time-estimation approach
3. simplified daily plan based on the Eisenhower's matrix
4. structured space for notes, tasks, and ideas
5. time categories with color coding approach
6. convenient dashboard that lets you track in one place everything you want to track on a daily basis
7. helps you keep an eye on personal agenda and maintain work-life balance
8. it’s in excel, you can adjust it to your personal needs
My current logbook
You can customize the logbook to make it unique, specifically addressing your needs and regime (eg. habits, waking hours, time categories, etc.)
Get excel template here.
Shortly about the LOGBOOK creation:
This articles summarises my living knowledge on practical self-management that I acquired over eight years in the media agency planning and launching advertising campaigns for top global FMCG corporations.
to be continued...
Take part in the development of the article about the benefits of 100 DAY ROUNDS approach to planning, doing and reviewing the work that is best suited for self-employed growth-minded creative types.Read More
The aim of this article is to share with you a typical structure of my workday in the third year of reinvention as neophyte philosopher based on what I did on Friday, 28th of April’17. I cover here my morning and evening routine, daily journaling practice and the habit of progress tracking.Read More
Learn about minimal and intentional FOUR ASSIGNMENTS approach to workdays planning.Read More
The first posts series of the [ZIVOTJEHRA - GAME OF LIFE] blog is about my work process, life/work rules, and tools. You will be interested if you are a curious mind, an avid learner and desire to become original, prolific creator, thinker, or explorer.Read More